Monday 24 June 2013

New Gadget

I bought a drink maker at the weekend. For reasons into which I need not go I have recently completely changed the way I eat, and smoothies are starting to loom large. So I bought a gadget that makes them. I infer that OH has no intention of following me down the healthy fruit drink route from the fact that I was allowed to unpack, wash, put together and suss out this machine myself.

Anyway, if it's Wimbledon there must be strawberries, that's an infallible law, so I'm writing this with a banana, strawberry and OJ smoothie by my hand. I wish I knew something other than banana that gave body to smoothies as I do get a bit sick of the banana taste. But think of all the good it's doing me!
 
Meanwhile it is indeed that time of year when afternoons go for a Burton (and there's a strange phrase, I wonder which Burton it refers to?) as I watch the tennis. Not all of it, all of the time. But a fair bit. I shall again be challenging my blood pressure levels by watching all of Andy Murray's matches, and willing him to win. Do I think he will? No, not really. But he'll do his best, and quite honestly I think this whole obsession with having a British winner for Wimbledon is a bit odd.  

No comments:

Post a Comment