Saturday 29 June 2013

Devon Part 2

So fortified by Cornish pasties, or possibly weighed down by them, they are nice but they are heavy, we set off for a place called The Alpaca Park which OH's Mum wanted to see. I was quite keen myself. It's basically what it says on the tin, a large piece of land where they farm alpacas, although there are a couple of llamas in residence as well.

It was warm and incredibly peaceful and they have some lovely gardens too. Because we'd walked a long way in the morning and the sun was quite powerful we elected to pay a little extra and get driven round some quite extensive acreage on a buggy. This was definitely a good idea.
 
Anyway some pics:-
 
 

The gardens. I quite like the watery ball thing-y and I'm hoping that one year we'll get one like that for our garden.

 
Alpacas
 

and a Llama


They had a tea room where we naturally had to have -


a Devon cream tea. They bake the scones to order, and although I am not generally a fan of the warm scone in this instance they were lovely. I couldn't finish both of mine, although despite that it was four empty plates that went back to the kitchen. Mmmmmh?

There is also a small shop but we didn't really have time for a proper look. If you're in North Devon, and you like peace and quiet, or alpacas, or tearooms I would heartily recommend a visit. I was very surprised [possibly because of my geographical ignorance] that you could find anywhere as remote and lovely and empty of people in Devon and it was a pleasant surprise.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment