Thursday 2 May 2013

What I did in April

Mostly in April I painted. Have I mentioned that at all on here? Just sort of, you know, in passing?

I painted a little bit here


and a lot here

 
 
and even more here
 

the kitchen and hall walls were bright white before we started, and had been since we bought the flat five years ago. In fact when we bought it all the walls were white, bar those in the living room, which were cream. Now it's only the twin bedroom with white walls, and that's not because we didn't have the paint, because we bought some , but because we ran out of time. (And possibly of enthusiasm as well)

Incidentally you see that light in the hall. I hate it. Hated it when the walls were white, hate it even more now they're 'Apricot Crush' or whatever. OH loves it, so obviously we have not yet been able to agree on a replacement.
 
However it wasn't all about home improvement in April, no sir. Some of it was about staggering on with the mammoth task that is the quilt. This month, as well as machining long strips of fabric together, some of the machined strips got cut up into piles of not-quite-squares. They look like this
 
 
Many more to come. Don't panic incidentally over the not-quite-square quip. They're not actually meant to be square.
 
Finally finished my sister's birthday socks, so long ago I'd almost forgotten, She was very pleased with them which was a good thing. I won't be revisiting the pattern. although its very pretty
 

I heard that Hobbycraft had a special offer on their Regia sock wool, not that we have a Hobbycraft anywhere nearer than Aberdeen, but a very kind friend (Barbara this means you!) went to her local one and scavenged me some. So OH got another pair of socks of the kind he likes ie very bright stripy ones

 
Because the last star crossed beret I made was a bit smaller than intended I made another one
 

and last but not least was the Literary KAL. For this month the selected author was Lewis Carroll and I made this
the picture is a bit over exposed but no matter. The Lewis Carroll connection is the yarn which was a silk/merino/cashmere mix called Wonderland Blue. It was also 3ply, so a ten inch long skirt with over 200 stitches a row was a bit of a challenge.

So not all painting. Just, like I said, mostly.


 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment