Sunday 12 May 2013

Napkins

I know I'm not the only person with an inability to say No when asked to do something that I'd rather not. Months ago I decided that I didn't have the time to take on any projects not connected to reducing either my stash of yarn or high pile of unfinished pieces of cross stitch. So quite why I ended up a couple of months ago at a meeting to decide on a group entry for  a local handicraft show I really don't know. Nor do I know how I ended up being recruited to produce a piece of blackwork except that the theme is black and white and I appeared to be the only person who has ever done any.
 
Since I couldn't find any suitable commercial designs that might fulfil the brief 'Tea for Two' I was determined to tell the organiser that I couldn't actually do anything and please find an alternative project and person. So I was a bit surprised to find myself telling her over the phone that perhaps I could adapt a design I had and make two napkins.
 
Anyway this has now come home to roost. This week, after I've dealt with a pile of admin that has inexplicably manifested itself on my desk, I'll be making napkins. Assuming of course that I have sufficient black embroidery thread. Of course if I were the wonderfully organised person I want to be then I would already have checked this!

No comments:

Post a Comment