Friday 4 January 2013

Ooooooh, scary

Tomorrow, dear readers, I'm going to Inverness. I know this may be foolhardy but what can I tell you?
 
OH is taking son no 2 there to catch his coach back to Edinburgh and I thought I would go along for the ride, notwithstanding the fact that the last time I did that, about this time last year, it was a disaster.
 
We took the car down to be MOT'd; it took hours longer than anticipated, the bottom fell off the car on the way back (and yes that would be after the MOT, many thanks Arnold Clark), and courtesy of  the vagaries of Northlink and their willingness to cancel ferries for no apparent reason in the winter we were stuck in Thurso for 20 hours.

I'm hoping for better things this time. I've got a touch of cabin fever after being stuck in the house for so long, the weather was so awful over Christmas we hardly stuck our noses out of the door and it will be nice to get away, even if only for the day. The drive down to Inverness from the north coast is really beautiful and although Inverness and I don't get on, it does have a wider selection of shops than Kirkwall. I'm after some new stuff for the holiday flat and even if I don't find anything, I will at least get to set foot in a branch of Waterstones, and at the moment, that will do me.

No comments:

Post a Comment