Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

I hate new year actually. It's because my temperament tends to the 'what disasters are to be visited upon us in the next twelve months?' rather than the 'what wonderful oppoerunities will come knocking for us in the next twelve months?'
 
(And although it's not exactly a disaster, and doesn't affect us personally, the news that Christopher Martin Jenkins, of the BBC Test Match cricket commentary team, just died, didn't  get 2013 off to the greatest start)
 
I don't make New Years Resolutions per se any more, because like giving things up for Lent, it's just a short cut to feeling a failure, but there are some things I intend to do this year which I hope will enrich my everyday life, or do me good, or both.
 
So in 2013 I will
 
get more fresh air and exercise
 
 listen to more music
 
 learn some Gaelic
 
 go out more
 
spend more time on my crafts
 
For many years my personal motto could have been 'Give me a rut and let me furnish it' and its probably time I challenged myself a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment