Thursday 3 January 2013

Now they can be shown

Here are some of the Christmas projects I worked on while I was in plaster

First up, socks for my sister

 
 
 
this was in Regia Silk Sock and if I'd known how the stripes would pan out I wouldn't have bothered putting in a texture pattern as well - you live and learn.


The Falling Water scarf for my friend Glenda,



 
 
After all the faffing about trying to decide what to do with this wool I was very happy with how this turned out, and Glenda said she was thrilled with it. So that's good. 
 
 
 
 
 
And only two years late! the birth sampler for the grandson. I don't have a picture of this framed, because I sent it to my sister to get that done and then deliver it as they now all live in the same town.Safer than sending something with glass through the post from here.  If we ever drag ourselves down there I daresay I'll take a picture of it in the frame as it shows to better effect that way. It may have taken me two years on and - very much - off, but I certainly love it now it's done.
 
I also finished off another sampler to go in our kitchen but I'll wait to post a picture of that until it has its frame. Assuming the shops here ever open again, yesterday's extra bank holiday really caught us on the hop.


No comments:

Post a Comment