Saturday, 5 September 2026

Wool Stats and Projects for August.

 OK, could have been better, could have been worse. 

Wool in, which is  from all over really, totalled 1009g. 

There were two instalments of the Madrigal Yarn self striping sock club; the late July one and the August one.



A gift from my daughter-in-law for hosting the grandchildren


A birthday gift


some aran weight received in a swap


the left overs from my scarf weaving


and finally I actually bought 400g of this 


to make myself a top which I hope will be finished in time for me to take on our upcoming holiday.

Wool out was 515g. I made two hats, one with the swap yarn and one with the wool from my daughter in law


That's the top, and I love the squared off effect, both because it looks really good and because it makes it a better fit than the normal rounding off decreases. This was made as a Christmas charity donation but I was reluctant to let it go as it fitted so well. So I was delighted to discover that the wool from the daughter in law was the right weight for me to make myself one! 



The only other thing I finished was the coaster from the little 'have a go at weaving' set that I bought on holiday in Wales. 


It's less than brilliant and honestly the instructions weren't very clear in several places, so I count myself lucky to have managed something vaguely useful. There was enough wool to make two, but the rest is  off to a charity shop together with the  weaving bits and someone else can have a go. They may make a better job of it than I did. The only really good thing about this was that it prompted me to find the weaving course that I treated myself to for my birthday and even though that convinced me that I probably never wanted to even see a loom again I'm still glad I did it. 

I put some yarn into a swap package and also used up 220g in my large continuing project. So the net increase was 494g .  Net decrease for the year to date is 1492g and I'm crossing my fingers for that to look healthier by the end of September.  







No comments:

Post a Comment