Tuesday 10 September 2024

Here's the Happy Mail from Saturday

 


Note: the colours are actually deeper than this, it must have been a sunny day when I took the photo. 

There's a pattern I've been wanting to make for a while and it calls for 5 x 20g skeins 4 ply. When I first saw the pattern I had a good look at my mini-skein stash to see if I had anything that would work but I didn't, so I put the pattern on a mental backburner. 

A couple of months ago I saw these advertised  and knew they would be ideal. They were a special edition dyed up for a small yarn-and-other-things festival at Portsoy in Aberdeenshire by Clare at Cookston Crafts. I'd hoped to go this year, because it was sort of my last chance, given that Portsoy is a lot closer to Orkney than it is to the Central Belt, but the dates didn't work out. Which actually was a good thing because  - boring - knee ....

So I ordered them, partly as a consolation prize for not getting to Portsoy (and a lot cheaper than actually going would have been) and partly because they were just perfect for the pattern, so why not? 


1 comment: