Tuesday 3 September 2024

Happy Mail - This Time It's Wool!

 And rather a lot of it. 

After months of using up yarn I had to hand I decided that I really wanted to do something new; new wool, new pattern, just for a change, and I decided to make something from the Lord of the Rings pattern book I bought in Stockholm back in March. So I ordered some wool to make two of the projects in there. 

There was this 


I know what you're thinking; that's a lot of yarn*. It is. But it's for a scarf and scarves take lots of yarn. Also it's really thick so it will knit up quickly. 

*Actually you might not be thinking that since you can't see on the label that those are 400g balls.  Believe me, they are big

Then at the other end of the spectrum there was this.  8 balls of Jamiesons Spindrift, but they're only 25g balls. 




I also bought some yarn in  a destash on ravelry. I haven't done this in I don't know how long and I wasn't planning to again, but I saw this and knew it would make a great pair of socks for the OH for his birthday or Christmas. It's originally from a dyer - Cosmic Fibres - unknown to me so it will be interesting to see how it knits up. 

There is also a small parcel in transit which I didn't expect to arrive until next month, but obviously it's coming this month instead and will further plunge the September stats 'into the red'. I need to get knitting! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment