Tuesday 9 July 2024

Oh Look! Not in Glasgow

 I should currently be in Glasgow having a relaxing time  after the 4th World Congress being with my son and catching up with various people I know in the Central Belt. But I'm not. This is because our travel plans for 2024 are obviously jinxed (I do hope that isn't actually true) and I could not go to Glasgow because, although my son seemed to have a bit of a cold at the beginning of last week, it turns out that what he actually had was Covid. Who knew it was still with us? Well I did know it hadn't actually gone away, but I didn't know anyone who had had it for months and months so this came as a bit of shock. 

So rather than train travel to Glasgow yesterday I actually trained to Edinburgh and then caught a flight to Kirkwall and I'm back in Orkney until Thursday morning. Just enough time to do lots of washing and ironing and bemoan the fact that my current knitting project and hence most of my sock knitting equipment is in Glasgow waiting for me. I spent a distinctly uncomfortable evening yesterday catching up with the Great British Sewing Bee and not having anything to do with my hands. Weird. 

Ah well, it will give me a chance to blog about the conference tomorrow (or possibly Happy Mail if I get some today) which will cut down on the backlog of experiences to be recorded when we get back from Finland.  

Hey-ho!

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, I don't know what you've done, but it's really upset the God of travel......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what do you think I need to sacrifice to make things right?

      Delete