Sunday 28 July 2024

Project 60 revisited - sort of.

 Our flights to Finland were on a Saturday, but with the caution built in after 19 years of experience, we were driving south on Thursday, just 'in case'. As the boy was still sick with Covid this meant two nights in a hotel and I was underwhelmed at the prospect of two nights at the Glasgow Airport Premier Inn. But that was OK because it turned out that that wasn't what the OH had in mind at all.'I've booked a hotel near Pitlochry for the first night' he said. 'And then tomorrow we can spend some time in Aberfeldy because we're always saying we should have a walk round there'. And that sounded lovely. 

I wasn't prepared for how lovely it was going to be because the hotel 'near Pitlochry' turned out to be the Green Park Hotel on Loch Faskelly. For years we've driven past this and looked at it over the loch and I've said 'I'd really like to stay there for a night' and I'd hoped that I might somehow fit it in to Project 60, simply because it was something I so much wanted to do. but we never  got the chance. So I was thrilled beyond measure to discover that that was where we were staying. I have had to promise faithfully not to look up and see how much it costs and it was stressed that it was an early birthday present and really it was one of the nicest things to happen this year. 

It's a lovely building but it's the gardens that are the stand out - well that and the views of course. The food and service were second to none and we had just a great time; helped by beautiful sunny weather. 

Because it was a birthday present they brought this to the room



and just to complete the food and drink pics, here's my starter (melon) and dessert (rhubarb pavlova) at dinner. There were two other delicious courses in between those but they weren't really photo worthy. 

 


Not doing it justice but this is the view from our room 



There are lots of pictures and statues in the hotel and more statues in the gardens. We spent a lot of time in the gardens and here is a small selection of the pictures that I took. 







Tomorrow a brief entry about Aberfeldy, and some shopping. 






1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that looks fab! I love the stylised deer, in particular. It's about time you had something nice happen xx

    ReplyDelete