Monday 29 July 2024

Aberfeldy

 So Aberfeldy is a small town in Scotland which we often drive through, if we're taking the tourist route north on our way back to Orkney rather than the A9 between Glasgow and Perth. We're always saying we should stop and look around and this time we did. I have to say it's not particularly exciting, but it seems prosperous compared to a lot of UK towns of a similar size and it boasts not one but two excellent bookshops. One is a second hand one where I was very restrained and bought myself only one paperback for the holiday. The other is an extensive book and stationery store with an attached cafe built in an old watermill.  Bought nothing there but lunch. It was very good. 

After lunch we took ourselves off to a place called Karelia House and here I did a bit of shopping. I got some fabric which is for a Christmas swap and for myself I bought this



A crochet nativity set. I blame a lady in Lancashire for this as I have been watching her vlogs on YouTube for a few months and she makes a lot of Amigurumi. I thought this was really cute and I'm anxious to get started. Sadly, although I asked the lady in the shop what size hook I should use, and bought both that and the next one down in the shop as well, I still don't have the right size according to the booklet. I am hoping someone is going to get me the correct size in a comfortable format for my forthcoming birthday so that I can get started. I worry that once I do get going I will discover that I am rubbish at making amigurumi but I'll never know unless I try. If I have any sort of success the results will doubtless appear here in due course. And if they don't appear, well, you can draw your own conclusions. 

And yes, that's more yarn in for this month, but on the upside those are very small balls of it. 

2 comments:

  1. What size hook does the pattern ask for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a 2.5mm. I got a 3.00 but with no experience and limited yarn I didn't dare use it in case I ran out. I've got a thin plastic one inhtta size I think but they are really hard on my hands so I'm hoping someone will get me a Clover soft touch for my birthday otherwise I shall resort to Amazon.

      Delete