Tuesday 9 April 2024

Not exactly fork handles

more your actual three. That will only mean anything in conjunction with the photo  if you're a certain age and acquainted with the work of British comedian Ronnie Barker. 



But yes,  I got the candle making kit out again. I made  a big one in a tin for us and then two smaller ones for a swap. The swap theme is recycling so I've recycled two of the small jars from the Bonne Maman advent. I think they look quite cute. 

They're lavender scented candles. Not one of my favourite scents but it was one that came in the kit along with the purple dye and my swap partner does like lavender so it seems an apt choice. Being still at the learning stage I think that this time I have overdone, rather than underdone the dye, and possibly underdone the scent. It's really difficult to tell with the smell but fingers crossed there will be a vague scent of lavender when they are lit. 

Talking of the Bonne Maman advent I never really reviewed it once it was finished. I enjoyed having it, but I wouldn't buy it again because a lot of the jams tasted very similar and most of them were too sweet, even for me. And I have a famously sweet tooth.  That said there was a cinnamon caramel spread in there and if they sold that in big jars I would buy it all the time because it was gorgeous. 

In other, totally unrelated news, I was at the dentist this morning to have a filling repaired. Much to my amazement it was painless. Apart from the bill of course. 

1 comment:

  1. Not so much 'andles for forks as candles for folks!

    I'll get my coat....

    ReplyDelete