Sunday 21 April 2024

Adopting Scandi Style

Well not really. It's just that when we go to Nordic countries we're always taken with the fact that they  have either cut flowers or flowering plants somewhere in the room. And they look lovely. 

Now my views on houseplants will be well known to long time readers here, as will the fact that I tend to think that cut flowers are all very well but a nuisance once they're over and you have to faff about getting then  out of manky water (assuming you've remembered to keep  the water topped up) and then washing the vase. 

But we were in the supermarket yesterday and the bunches of tulips  caught my eye and voila


I couldn't resist and they give a spring like touch to the hall windowsill. We pass this a gazillion times a day, which I reckon means at least half a gazillion smiles brought  to my face every day. . 


2 comments:

  1. I was in a supermarket that may be familiar to you earlier today and I saw tulips. As I am 'installed' at daughter's for a run of medical appointments I did not buy any.

    ReplyDelete