Saturday 3 February 2024

Domestic Pottering

My productivity streak continues with some cross stitch cards, which have been hanging about for, probably years, partly finished, and are now complete. 



 and I made four hats for a prem. baby charity. I had intended to make more, from my DK scraps but I was so bored by doing these ones that I decided not to continue. So the wool will go to a charity shop and these four will go to the charity and I can concentrate on knitting things that I enjoy. 



I made a cake this morning but there won't be a photograph of that because for reasons I needn't go into it slopes. I know why it slopes, I won't do what made it slope again, and anyway it looks delicious, and uses up some of our many home grown raspberries from the freezer. There are are still A LOT of them in there. 

I finished my Dinner with Frida jigsaw puzzle. As I said a riot of colour. I also read up a little bit about her. Summed up in the phrase - not an easy life. I did enjoy doing this one, even if it did make my eyes hurt a bit; my current one has large swathes of brown in it so much less of a strain in that way. Although correspondingly more difficult to do. We persevere. 



Not the most exciting blog post ever. But the cold, the wind and the rain persist. It's snuggle down weather with a vengeance. 


1 comment:

  1. I do love a productive day, especially one with cake!

    ReplyDelete