Monday 2 October 2023

Tuesday was Whitby

 where I was meeting up with a former work colleague for morning coffee. The weather was horrible but we met up at the station and the place we were going wasn't far. We had a great two hours chatting over two cups of coffee and a toasted teacake (me) and a cup of tea followed by a hot chocolate with cake (her). She told me about her running and her long distance walking and her long yearned for trip to India last year and I told her about Finland and Paris and we swapped stories about our families and reminisced about colleagues, good and bad, and even after two hours we weren't properly caught up but it was still lovely to see her. 

After that the OH and I walked up the main street in Whitby. It had been quiet when we arrived but by the  time my coffee date was over the sun had decided to come our and had brought hordes of trippers with it. We got as far as the bottom of the Abbey steps then decided discretion was the better part of valour and turned round to make out way back to the car park. I was tempted by a rather beautiful Goth bangle in one of the shops but managed to stop myself asking the price. We did however bag a birthday present in the shape of a black t-shirt with a very apt quote for our eldest grandson who will be 13 (13!!) in November. 

I took no photos in Whitby but, after arming ourselves with the makings of a picnic we drove over to Grosmont for a look at the NYM Railway where we managed to find another present, and as luck would have it the OH saw an engine he's wanted to see for years. 

 




Not ever having been fans of Heartbeat, we didn't go to Goathland! (although I have been there before)

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it Goathland that has mice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mouseman is a few miles away in Kilburn, we have been to his Visitor centre in the past. https://www.robertthompsons.co.uk/visitor-centre/

      Delete
    2. It was a LONG time ago that I was there - I was still at junior school - so I reckon we visited both places and my brain cell confused them :-)

      Delete