Thursday 26 October 2023

The Joys of Island Life

 


We had a storm last week. We weren't alone in that, most of Britain seemed to be suffering with Storm Babet, but most of Britain isn't dependent on sea crossings for grocery supplies. We are. 

There were no ferries for days. Then on Friday a ferry arrived. So we ventured to the supermarket (which would have been a waste of time for several days before that) thinking we could buy some food. 

And that there is a photograph of the fruit and veg aisle in Tesco when we arrived. Whatever had been on the ferry it obviously hadn't included a supermarket delivery vehicle. One bag of apples, half a dozen aged and wizened pumpkins and a bag of garlic cloves. 

If I was ever cut out for island life, I am no longer! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, but it must be so.*romantic* living on an island....🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windy, bleak, often wet, lacking in chains of tat food (like McDs, that chicken place, plastic coffee shops etc) - and utterly beautiful!! But not, for me anyway, romantic - I suspect I don't have a romantic cell in my body LOL!

      Delete