Saturday 28 October 2023

It's beginning to look a lot like Chr....shhh!

So, I've blogged before about the  Christmas department that our local independent grocer has every year, and I've probably also commented in the last couple of years about how disappointing it has been. Partly Covid supply issues I suspect, partly post Brexit issues and to a certain extent us not going there particularly promptly after opening.

Well this year's opened today. I could moan about how, not only have we not got past Bonfire Night, we haven't actually got past Halloween, but I won't ... because we went and it was lovely and we even bought stuff. A birthday present, two half Christmas presents, some stuff for Son no 2's Christmas sock, a Christmas biscuit icing set,  and two small sample cakes to see if we want to by either as a full size Christmas cake. The displays were really good and we enjoyed ourselves very much.  And to add to the excitement we're going to be 'out' two days in a row, since tomorrow we're off to another charity coffee morning (weather permitting) Report in due course,  meanwhile, pictures of today's 'outing'. 









2 comments:

  1. That looks lovely! I love those bears ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andre insisted I took the photo of the bears - I expect you have guessed that!

      Delete