Saturday 10 June 2023

Afternoon Tea at Gleneagles - Reprise

It had occurred to me that however enjoyable the Glasgow weekend was going to be - and it was - that I was also going to find it a tad stressful, so I had suggested to the OH that it might be a ice idea to go back to Gleneagles for afternoon tea the day the others all went home and relax. He put up no resistance to this at all, and in fact booked it very quickly, presumably so that I didn't change my mind. 

It's been a few years since our one and only other visit and things had changed slightly since then; not in any particularly material way though. The service was still fabulous, the food was still lovely and the music was still, sadly, a soft jazz. Sorry to all those jazz lovers out there, but it's never floated our boat. Mileage varies, as they say, and I know some people don't like opera, which is fine. Each to their own.

The tea this summer is Beatrix Potter themed ( BP spent a lot of holidays in Perthshire apparently, which solves the mystery of why there is a BP exhibition in nearby Dunkeld I suppose).The menus were in keeping,


as was the lounge centrepiece


we each had a 'savoury stand'


and there was a shared sweet one


and yes those brown things on the lowest plate  are chocolate scones, and yes, I was extremely doubtful, and yes, they were delicious. 

As previously, what we didn't eat at the time was popped in a box for us automatically. 

After we'd finished, and since it was a warm sunny  day  we went for a stroll in the gardens which are beautifully kept




And just because all this wasn't enough excitement for one month, the next day the OH dropped me at Glasgow airport to catch a flight to Paris! 

1 comment: