Sunday 11 December 2022

Tree is Up!

 


It's a bit earlier than we normally do it, but I was feeling in the need for some Christmas cheer when we got back from Vienna. We didn't do it all at once; tree assembled and the lights on one day, and decorated and the rest of the stuff put out the next one. For a white tree it is starting to look quite cream coloured; it may be time to star thinking abut buying another one for next year. 

I took a few close ups of some decorations, totally at random, not necessarily my favourites or the best or anything


This one features a 'pohutakawa' fairy, sent to me many years ago from a friend in New Zealand


This is one of my favourites and relatively recent; Maisie mouse sent by my sister a few years ago. So cute!


Bottom left, if you click on the photo to enlarge it, you'll see the new bauble we bought at the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna. Not that we needed more baubles, but ....

On a related note I can report that Museum hops  in Vienna are just as good at prising open your wallet as Museum Shops in Britain. I could have spent a fortune - but I didn't. 

Anyway I'm edging towards being ready. I have two parcels for the post office, one letter to write and then apart from local stuff, I'm done. Yea for that! 

1 comment: