Friday 30 December 2022

Holiday Reading

 


Here's my pile of books for holiday reading. Since I don't work, holiday reading is a bit of a misnomer, but basically it's stuff to read between Christmas and the time when normal life resumes after New Year. Since several of the books above came from the library I'm taking that as the day the library re-opens, which is January 9th. Not that I'm going to punish myself if they're not all finished by then. 

So, from the bottom to the top we have 

Two art books from the library - one about Egon Schiele and the other about  The Glasgow Girls
Two books I asked for for Christmas - Natalie Haynes' new novel about Medusa called Stone Blind and the Alan Rickman diaries.
Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell recommended to me over and over again by lots of people, so time to read it. 
The Hare with Amber Eyes by Edmund de Waal A couple of friends said I might enjoy this in view of our recent visit to Vienna so I'm going to give it a try. 
Three Hercule Poirot novels written at the request of the Christie Estate by Sophie Hannah.I won these as a prize in my Ravelry swap group - I was only expecting one, so was a little overwhelmed to receive all three. 

I have managed two and a half of these since Christmas Eve, and I shall be reporting back on them all in due course. 




3 comments:

  1. Hamnet is on my list, too, and I like Natalie Haynes stuff. The Hare With Amber Eyes is extraordinary - eye-opening, and it really stays with you. Keen to hear what you think of the Rickman diaries, as I will read those too!

    I detested the first Sophie Hannah Poirot. I hope your experience is better than mine…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I await your verdict on the Poirot and Rickman books as they interest me. And whilst I am here - a peaceful coming year to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you too. Peace and perhaps even a bit of joy!

      Delete