Tuesday 4 October 2022

Tanybwlch

 Because I have no wish to inflict my on-going post-op problems on anyone, least of all myself when one day I come to read this again, here is another instalment from our Welsh holiday.

I suppose even I can't go to North Wales without some steam engine engagement. After we'd finished at Plas Brondanw the OH suggested that we go to Tanybwlch for lunch as it's his favourite station as far as narrow gauge goes. There didn't seem any reasonable way of saying 'Have you not already had more than enough  steam engine action for one week?' so instead I said yes. And so we went. 

We were lucky enough to catch two steam engines doing their thing while we had lunch, although these photos are both of the same one




It is a very pretty little station 



there's a memorial for the men from the Ffestiniog Railway lost in two world wars. Naturally enough it's made of welsh slate, and I find the design very pleasing. I tend to go for clean and simple lines in monuments as well as buildings, furniture etc. Definitely not a Rococo Gal. 




So although I don't quite get the steam engine thing it was quite a fun round off to the day really.




 

1 comment:

  1. That’s a very tasteful memorial. I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete