Saturday 22 October 2022

More From Wales

One of the nice things about being on Ravelry is that if you go somewhere new you can usually find someone local who you're already in contact with on one or other of the interest forums and Wales was no exception. We had a very nice coffee at the Harlech Castle cafe with someone I know from The Archers board. We might otherwise not have gone to Harlech which would have ben a shame as it's an interesting little town and the castle is not only amazing in itself but renders up some spectacular views.  




The afternoon was not quite so successful. We had found details of a walk nearby which took you down through woodlands to a valley floor from where you had good views of a waterfall and then you could walk back up the other side. Sounded lovely. Sadly it turns out that my vertigo, from which I have only suffered in the last ten years has got distinctly worse. We didn't get quite to the bottom of the valley before we had to turn back as I just couldn't go any further. Actually the thought of going back the way we had come was almost as bad as the thought of tackling whatever vertiginous horrors the other side had in store but we retraced our steps on the principle of 'better the devil you know'. I still have some nice photos of the bits we did do though, although sadly not the waterfall. 

 




Honestly, I felt such a wimp. 

1 comment:

  1. I’m so sorry about the vertigo. I was on tablets for years for it, because it wouldn’t shift, although these days it only rears its ugly head occasionally. I can only imagine the horror of knowing you had to go back up ❤️

    ReplyDelete