Thursday 8 July 2021

Holiday Nails

 


I'm not sure how well the details can be seen on that pic, but lots of flowers for the summer. I've reverted to the blue background I liked so much when I had it with the butterflies in the spring. 

And yes, holiday nails suggests that we are going away. I shall be off Orkney for a whole month. Normally when I'm away this means a hiatus for the blog, but as I now have a smart phone ( an OH cast off since he has upgraded) and I will also be taking my tablet, posts may well continue regardless, while some entries may be a  bit shorter than usual. It will be like a holiday diary. 

Packing for almost five weeks away is no picnic especially when you don't know what the weather will be like and you'll be enjoying a mixture of informal and semi-formal occasions. It's been a stressful undertaking, especially as I will be doing part of the trip solo by train and therefore need a suitcase with wheels and of manageable size but which will still hold clothes for a week plus related 'stuff', but I think I'm almost there. Just need to chuck in the jewellery and the knitting (both of which will take longer than that implies as neither have yet been chosen) and Bob's Your Uncle. 

Anyway Glasgow, Yorkshire, Devon, Lincolnshire - here I come! 

2 comments:

  1. And with an excellent sense of timing I shall be in Orkney in the middle of your trip south :-D

    ReplyDelete