Friday 16 July 2021

Coat Crisis Concluded

 The Sofa Saga was not the only hassle some incident to afflict the household recently. We have also been in the throes of The Shirt Shambles and The Coat Crisis not to mention The Bag Bungle. Of these one is now sorted, one is almost sorted and the third one is unlikely ever to be sorted, so today I'll tell the tale of the one that got resolved this morning. 

One of the reasons we chose last weekend to come to Glasgow was to see a Real Live Opera with real live music and singers and ev'ryfink. It was designed and directed by David McVicar and he'd done it especially for an outdoor setting so that SO could do it in their production studios car park in a marquee. We got tickets, including one for son no two, which was no mean feat as hot cakes weren't in it, and we were really excited about it. 

It was fabulous but I'll save that for a  later post. Meanwhile, since we weren't sure about the weather proofness of the marquee and since it was humid I took my shower proof jacket with me in case it rained. In the event the marquee had an extensive roof and anyway it didn't rain. 

So the jacket wasn't needed and to keep me warm in the evening air I had with me a very beautiful shawl/stole that I knitted some time ago and which I've never previously had a suitable  occasion to wear it to. So entranced was I by the performance and by how beautiful the shawl was that at the end we waltzed away, saying hello and waving to one or two people, and it  wass 4 in the  morning when I woke up and realised I had left the coat behind. 

It was eventually traced by the joint efforts of several people and this morning I took a train into Glasgow Centre, met up with the lovely Grace from SO, we had coffee and a chat and she  returned my coat to me. So that was one happy ending at least.

Glasgow is HOT, so now I'm back from retrieving my coat it will be a  quiet afternoon and evening at home reading and, when it has cooled down a little, knitting. I may also watch another Marvel Superhero Movie. So far I've done Thor and Dr Strange ....

I've also been  to Edinburgh and Kirkcudbright and IKEA and M&S and seen a lot of art and done some cleaning and Moving Stuff About in the flat, so I've done things rather than just loafed about. It could be a bit of a loafing about weekend though. 

And yes there will be photos. Eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment