Thursday 24 June 2021

Return to Planet of The Eighties

 Really, what were we thinking? 

In the need of something mindless and soothing to do yesterday I remembered  a part knit sweater that I have been thinking for a long time I should pull out, and so I pootled off to see if I could find it. 

Here's the pattern. 


See what I mean? Upon investigation I discovered I was further through than I thought, which I suppose is why I have never actually frogged it before; full of good intentions about finishing it one day. A cool clear look at it yesterday meant realising that even if I did ever finish it, I certainly couldn't/wouldn't wear it, so despite having a completed front and two sleeves I set to work pulling it out. 

It didn't occur to me to take pictures until after the front was gone but here are the two sleeves 


Sadly, for these purposes, every time I cha,nged colour I had twisted the wool twice 'just to be safe' so it was a longer job  than I had  anticipated,and not quite as soothing as I had thought it would be. However, when I had finished this is what I had


and the intention is to turn it into blankets for premature babies. I should get three and maybe four out of that lot. And I discover that a stocking stitch preemie blanket with garter stitch borders is quite a soothing knit! 


1 comment: