Monday 28 June 2021

Baking Subscription June - Mocha Swiss Roll

Would you believe I have never made a swiss roll before? Everyone has always wittered on about how difficult they are to do and, given that I'm not a huge fan of the texture of the sponge that is used in them I've never cared to risk it. But the baking box this month was Swiss Roll, so a Swiss Roll I made. 

Here it is with a coat of chocolate ganache


But this being the Baking Club naturally there was more decorating faff. My attempt at drizzling white chocolate over the top was fairly awful.  This was partly me, and partly the bag the white chocolate drops came in, the shape made it pretty difficult to cut a  small hole of the smallness necessary to obtain a drizzle, rather than a rush. 



That said, when I cut it open ....



....how's that for a first attempt?


and here is a slice on a plate just before we sampled it. It was very nice. 

And if you've ever been put off trying to bake a swiss roll because people say it's difficult - it's really not. Give it a go. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, nice one! I must say, a Swiss roll used to be one of Richard’s favourite things to bake, because he found them quite easy but they looked so impressive!

    ReplyDelete