Wednesday 23 June 2021

Retirement Celebrations.

These were muted and were a game of two halves. We had chosen somewhere to go for lunch but in the event the offering, as they say these days,  wasn't very exciting and once the OH had had a wrap and I had had a not very satisfying cheese salad roll we decamped elsewhere for afters. 

These were the afters. 


Mine was the chocolate one, the OH's was salted caramel. And no I couldn't quite finish it. 

Today has thus far proved a very frustrating introduction to the rest of his life as he has been trying to set up his old smartphone for me. The new sim-card arrived and that was fine, but the process of trying to add apps is driving us both demented. I have a comprehensive list of site passwords, but no-one ever told me I would need to remember the e-mail address associated with each one. So these are not on the list, except in one case, where it turned out to be wrong. Such are the joys of the electronic age. 

Really all I want to do now is go and knit miles of garter stitch to calm myself down but my afternoon is already booked for boxing up piles of stuff to take to a charity shop in Stromness tomorrow which is actually accepting donations in the shop two days a week. All the stuff is in boxes already, but it's going to take some redistribution to get them to a stage where they can be taped up for easy transportation. 

Bunny Happiness scale is somewhere between 1 and 2. 

I daren't think what my blood pressure reading is. 

1 comment:

  1. No wonder you need the calming properties of garter stitch!! I hope today is calmer….

    ReplyDelete