Thursday 16 April 2020

At Long Last

I can bring you a photo of the latest Lego Brickhead. It's a rather charming sheep. It reminds me a little of the sheep in Alice Through the Looking Glass, although it is probably somewhat younger and more energetic. 



And there you go. The OH bought it for me as an Easter gift and I made it on Sunday but since then I have struggled with a recalcitrant camera , a reluctant photo program on the laptop and the discovery that I can no longer post photos to the blog if I am using Microsoft Edge so that I have had to revert to Chrome. 

Reverting to Chrome is something I have had to do with my Duolingo Gaelic course as well. Speaking of which yesterday I hit these dizzy heights 



I have in fact worked at it for more than 100 days it's just that in the early weeks I didn't necessarily look at it every day so it took me longer to build that  100 day streak than  100 days.  I have not quite finished the course, there are two units left to do, after which I will have to find somewhere else where I can continue learning, - although there are extensions due to the Duolingo version soon. 

Meanwhile, since we're looking at small achievements (these days you have to take you comfort where you can I find)  here's something else I finished earlier this week


It' not a puzzle I would have chosen myself  ( this was a birthday present from son no 1) as generally I don't go in for landscapes and the top left quadrant was an absolute pain to do but it is a pretty picture and I'm glad I've got it done. 



3 comments:

  1. I do love the Brickhead! Congratulations on Duolingo and the jigsaw xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was delighted to discover that my youngest knows the 'nice young man' voice on Duo - and if you happened to watch Oban Gaelic Choir's 2018 performance either on Beeb Alba or now on their site, it is the man with the lovely smile who does the spoken bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. might have to go and see if I can find him. Your youngest doesn't know the Old Crone who baffles everyone do they?

      Delete