Sunday 26 April 2020

And on a more positive note ....

... here are pictures from today's walk, which was rather longer and steeper than the others we've done recently. It pleases me to reflect that a couple of years ago I couldn't have done this walk at all and today I managed it without breaking sweat. Although I did rest a couple of times on the really steep bits. 

So, a silvery sparkly sea


a fire breathing Chinese dragon in the clouds


the first bee of the year. We also saw and heard skylarks which was exciting.



Our destination, the Burray trig point. Which I suppose explains why so much of the outward leg was upwards! 


The OH ruminating on something or other - possibly on whether we were going to beat the rain back. We didn't, quite. 



A couple of northwards-ish views from the trig point. There are worse places to be in lockdown than Orkney. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that looks lovely! Hope you didn’t get too wet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so, so, so, so, so, so, so wish I was in Orkney now. One day . . .

    ReplyDelete