Wednesday 1 January 2020

Happy New Year!

Let's gloss over all the usual stuff about how I dread New Year (although I still do!) In fact we had a jolly time last evening watching a very funny show called When TV News Goes Horribly Wrong. We all three of us laughed a lot, much to the disgruntlement of the cats who couldn't understand all the mirth and hilarity. But laughing with the family, that's a good way to start the year, yes? 

This morning we have been for a walk and there are a few pictures, including one of a totally random otter statue on a gatepost, wearing an even more random bow tie. Here you go





It was cold, but not windy, and the sun was shining We were out for about an hour which flew by  and I actually quite enjoyed it. Helped by reflecting that this time last year the walk would have been just about doable for me but would have taken a lot longer, I'd have puffed hard on the up slopes and would have moaned a lot!  

I don't do resolutions but last year I decided to try and be less judgemental, buy less wool and be less of a procrastinator. This year I just want to try  and be more positive. This is difficult for me as my default setting is a bit like that guy from Dad's Army, as in 'We're Doomed'. Current world events are not helping me to be cheery, but perhaps if I do a few positive things this year I will feel better. There seems to be some confusion about who first said It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness, but whoever it was may have been on to something.  

1 comment:

  1. I don’t do resolutions, but I’m with you on this one.

    ReplyDelete