Saturday 11 January 2020

Well, it's half time and I'm two goals to nil down ....


We came to Glasgow for a Masterclass, and two Emerging Artist Recitals, at Scottish Opera, and The Snow Queen at Scottish Ballet.

The Masterclass, as already noted, was cancelled before we even got here. I arrived with a tickly cough which gradually developed into some full grown nasty bug thing which meant me missing the first recital yesterday. although the OH did go on his own, which is progress as often he won't do things if I can't go. I spent most of yesterday in bed as getting dressed seemed like the domestic equivalent of climbing Everest and I probably got ever so slightly on people's nerves by saying pathetically every half hour or so that I felt poorly and wanted to feel better. 

So today has been an improvement in that I managed to clamber out of my pit at about one o' clock and fall into the shower, after which I felt heaps better although still not 100%. I did have the energy to do a bit of knitting after that, and enough appetite to eat some cheese and biscuits so that's all good. I'm still coughing though. 

The OH was in fact supposed to be gong back to Orkney today and returning to Glasgow on Wednesday but looking at the weather forecasts and long range predictions re the ferries decided not to risk it and so has stayed in Glasgow, which is good for everyone but the cats who would otherwise have had a 3 day break from the cattery. However I'm not convinced that taking them out for three days and then taking them back would have been all that good for them so probably having the stay put was the wiser decision. 

All we need now is for the weather to perk up a bit, so that we can get out and do things. I'm not holding my breath; it's absolutely foul today. But you never know. 


1 comment:

  1. Richard has had that bug - the cough is awful, and I really feel for you. I hope you manage to do *something* enjoyable before you go home xx

    ReplyDelete