Friday 20 December 2019

Baking Subscription er, April


Yes, I finally got around to doing the April baking box. It was a Bakewell tart, and it tastes OK. The pastry is not brilliant but it's edible. Rather than faff about piping rosettes of icing around the edge as per the box instructions I made enough to cover the whole top. I then decided to get  a bit fancy and feather it. However creative I tried to be with the camera angle there is no denying that the feathering is uneven because the pink lines were not evenly spaced. On the upside I bought 'writing icing' and I am absolutely amazed that I managed to 'write' straight lines with it. So that's a plus. 

I still have August's box to do - custard creams anyone? and December's which is a chocolate and hazelnut Christmas wreath. Since I have a friend coming for coffee tomorrow afternoon I am planning to do the wreath in the morning. It needs to prove twice and is also quite complicated in-between the provings so I'll need to be up early. It does say it's best served warm though, which is what R might be getting! 

In other news I finished my present shopping today and also gave out the local presents so, apart from some wrapping, and writing a shopping list for the OH so that he gets the right ingredients for the Christmas Day trifle, I'm done. And this year - no pre-Christmas melt down. That has to be progress!

1 comment:

  1. I’m all in favour of an absence of pre-Christmas meltdowns xxxx

    ReplyDelete