Friday 4 October 2019

Graduation

It was a very lovely and important day but I'm aware that no-one but me is really interested in a blow by blow so here are a few pictures that capture the major moments.



Yay, it's finally official. I am a Dr. (I know - my tights were totally the wrong colour!)


The OH, Son No 1 and me. Yes I'm a midget. Remember I'm only 155 high in kermers!!


Me, the friend who came from Well Away to support me, and in the middle my Director of Studies. We all look disgustingly pleased with ourselves. 

Incidentally, the girl at Ede and Ravenscroft told me categorically that 'there was no hat for an Aberdeen Ph.D. In this she appears to have been incorrect, because when I moaned to the lady dishing up the gowns at college about there not being one she said, 'Hats? I've got hats! Do you want a hat?'Since I have been saying for six years that the only reason I ever did a Ph D in the first place was to have a day wandering about in a floppy hat I naturally said yes. That said this was a John Knox cap and not the lovely medieval velvet bonnets you get at English Universities. But it was, indubitably, a hat. 

3 comments:

  1. Silly girl 😉😉 You look brilliant - and very pleased, as well you should!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful day! Yes, you should be pleased....very well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the pic that G put on FB of the three of you - three wonderful women in a row! (Mind, one reason I stuck with the OU for so long was NO HATS - I hate the things :-D )

    ReplyDelete