Sunday 6 October 2019

Celebrations!

So just to round up the graduation day posts -

in the evening we went out to dinner at The Foveran. The Foveran is a highly thought of restaurant in Orkney, a special occasion sort of a place and every year I ask the OH to take me there for my birthday and every year he manages not to. There was no excuse though for not going there for my graduation. 

It was good. We took Gillian, my friend from south, and she bought bubbles


The food was nice although not outstanding and my dish of lamb ended up rather sweet as it was servedwith a redcurrant and red wine sauce, red cabbage and pumpkin. The OH had the steak and Gillan roast cod, and we all agreed that it was all very nicely cooked. 

For dessert Gillian and the OH had lemon meringue cheesecake 



and Son No1 and I ad profiteroles with orange Chantilly cream and chocolate sauce. And they were delicious


It was a lovely evening but to be honest the food was underwhelming, there wasn't even a starter that I would have liked to have and all in all I think the OH is now safe from being asked to take me to The Foveran for my birthday in future years. However we could perhaps give The Lynnfield a go ....



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good night, but I’m sorry it didn’t live up to expectations xx

    ReplyDelete