Wednesday 19 June 2019

Baking Subscription June



Crumble topped cherry muffins

What can I say? There was nothing wrong with the 'bake' of these; they were fine, turned out as muffins are supposed to. They were however underwhelming, and again with the too fussy finishing. The crumble topping brought absolutely nothing to the party, bar an irritating tendency to fall off when  you pick up a muffin to eat it. And I'm never convinced about cherry and cinnamon together. All in all my feeling was that this was a bit of a waste of 200g of fresh cherries and I'd rather have just eaten them out of a bowl, or with some good vanilla ice cream. 

I'm beginning to think that when my next six month subscription comes to an end I might call it a day. We'll see what the next five boxes hold before making any rash decisions though.

And no, I have still not made up April's box. Must get around to that soon!

1 comment:

  1. I’m also not a fan of faffery just for the sake of it. I can’t see what they thought the crumble would add, except annoyance.

    ReplyDelete