Wednesday 5 September 2018

Sing ho! for the life of a bear

Obviously I am still in post-Winnie-the-Pooh mode, but also very cheerful. I am just back from my post op check up and eye test at the optometrists and everything is tickety-boo. New glasses ordered for distance and reading, and they should be here in about a week. 

Optometrist says I will give up wearing the distance ones eventually as I get used to not needing them to see really. I an equally certain that I won't. I've worn glasses since I was 7, I'm too used to having the comfort of them as a barrier between me and the rest of the world, also without them I look in the mirror and see rather too much of my mother.

But really - who cares? For the first time in my life today I could see what I was doing when I put my make up on (because this was the first time I'd worn it since the op. What can I say? I don't get out much! ) For the first time in my life I could read the optician's chart without glasses, and not just the big first letter but really quite a long way through. And more to the point for the first time in my life I could choose frames for glasses and know what they would look like without having to peer into the hideous magnifying mirror that shows up every blemish on your complexion even while it gives you only a blurry idea of what you will actually look like with the intended frames. 

This afternoon I'm going out for a celebratory hot chocolate and a piece of cake. Today is a good day. 

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah!!! Hope the celebration was filled with good things and plenty of calories 😉😉😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY - sitting reading with a grin on my ugly mug at the good news!

    ReplyDelete