Saturday 22 September 2018

Brahn Boots

Having bemoaned the fact recently that there was nowhere to buy walking/hiking boots in Orkney ,  I was happy to be proved wrong when strolling past what is our best shoe shop in Kirkwall yesterday. I saw these through the window and today when we were back in town (honestly, twice in two days, but it's carpet related, so that of course explains everything!) I went in and bought a pair. And to keep the podiatrist and my foot happy, I got a pair of supportive insoles to go in them as well. 

We have carried on walking every weekend since my op., and the last twice we have been a bit constrained by my lack of suitable footwear to walk over fields (such a shame! ) or along clifftop paths and so on, so it's good to know we don't have to take that into account any longer. And assuming that the weather is kind tomorrow I'll be giving these a first outing. Not too far as they need to be 'broken in'. But they felt very comfortable in the shop and I'm pleased with them so far. 

3 comments:

  1. I've had Hi-Tec boots many times over the years, and they have always been excellent, and have only been abandoned when I wore them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well that's good to know. my last pair were from Hawkshead with suede-y type tops and I'm not sure if Hawkshead are even still in business.

      Delete