Wednesday 26 September 2018

Knitting Catch Up (1)

I was browsing the blog last night (sometimes it cheers me up, sometimes it just reminds me of things we've done, sometimes it's just something mindless to do because I can't quite bring myself to switch off the laptop and go to bed) and realised that it is a L-O-N-G time since I posted any knitting and it's not that I haven't got stuff finished, even though I was struggling to see sometimes. So quickly for today

some preemie baby hats for the Bonnie Babies charity


flip top fingerless mittens with cute sheep buttons - these were for a gift 


 Son No 2 modelling a very nice jumper; I originally made it for myself from a basic pattern into which I plugged a pattern for the front. Sadly the pattern I chose was distinctly unwearable by the well endowed so I was forced to give it away to someone who doesn't have that problem. Luckily he was delighted with it.  

Socks - pattern is Down the Rabbit Hole  and the yarn is from a now-defunct company called Gothsocks. Also made as a gift and happily I have several more of their skeins stashed away and one day I'm going to make a pair of these for myself.  



Latin American style wrap for a 46cm doll


And finally for today, two washcloths (they're a thing in America) knitted as gifts and to use up a stray ball of cotton yarn that I had. 



More as the days go by, but not tomorrow. There is plenty of other stuff to write about - and anyway tomorrow we are going away - but only for something slightly less than 24 hours. 


3 comments:

  1. Is a washcloth like a face flannel?
    And what size are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are indeed face flannels. Generally 8 inches by 8 although the diamond one up there was smaller, possibly 6 x 6.

      Delete