Tuesday 14 February 2017

It's not all beer and skittles ....

Actually I have only ever played skittles once in my life and I don't like beer so I suppose that should say something like 'It's not all vodka and Jewel Quest 2' but somehow it doesn't have the same ring.

Life has been a bit annoying of late. I say annoying because much though I would like to moan at length I can't, being as how 90-something-quite-high per cent of the world's population is much worse off than I am in a multitude of ways.
 
Here however are a few things I don't like.
 
Having my husband need to go away at short notice and in a grumpy mood because he thinks his trip (to do with work) is a waste of time.
 
Having sole responsibility for  three cats and a fire for far too long, where far too long is defined as anything more than twenty minutes
 
Being on my own for three days and nights when the wind never lets up and it also rains constantly. Especially when there's no way of getting to town and the best exercise you can give yourself is working out your jaw as you chomp your way through a packet of Jaffa cakes, a box of brunch bars, and a packet of Battenberg derivatives known locally as 'snuffboxes'.  
 
Having my husband come back from 'that there Lunnon' with a bug so bad that he took to his bed for part of yesterday. The OH taking to his bed when sick is almost unheard of.
 
Needing to fulfil a self imposed deadline and turning my fingertips sore through hours and hours of solid typing, all the time thinking of all the general life stuff that needs seeing to that I cannot afford to break off and do.
 
That is what it has been like chez nous for the past ten days and I haven't  enjoyed it one little bit.
 
On the upside the OH is getting better, I am so close to finishing my stuff ( first draft of final part of thesis) that I can almost smell it, I am going to a friend's tomorrow, I am entertaining another friend up from Edinburgh on Thursday after her Ph D viva, the washing is on, there's a cake in the oven and if I can just sort out my sister's birthday presents and write a cheque for the coal man this evening I'll start to feel as though I'm catching up with myself.
 
Tomorrow - who's up for a rant about Apple Tree Yard?

1 comment: