Friday 11 November 2016

Project 60 - Number 38 Buying Boots

 
 
This is another thing that most people would have expected me to have done lots of times before I hit the ripe old  age of  60, but I truly hadn't.
 
As a teenager I went to buy a pair of boots when all my friends were out buying theirs and it was a disaster. The combination of wide feet, a high instep and chubby calves meant that even attempting to get boots on was nothing but an embarrassment.
 
Times having moved on it seems a little easier now. I bought the boots shown above last week while I was in Glasgow. They are from Hotter who do wider fitting shoes and boots which took care of the feet issue, and as they are ankle  boots it doesn't matter that my calves are still fairly chubby. The high instep was still a bit of a problem, but a combination of buying a size bigger than I normally would, and choosing a style that incorporates side zips solved that one.
 
I am sorry that the colour reproduction on this picture doesn't show their true colour, as they are a rather fetching shade of aubergine. I love them and have hardly taken them off since they were bought. Presumably the novelty will eventually wear off. 

2 comments:

  1. Markko says you should probably take them off when you go to bed. He was curled on your feet last night and said he thought they felt a bit hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Markko 😄😄😄 They look fab, Anne!

      Delete