Monday 28 November 2016

How can people be bothered.....?

Today, because we are soon going away again, and because my nail gel had finally started to chip quite badly on my right hand, I went and had the gel taken off and replaced with normal nail varnish. I'd already decided to have the varnish rather than gels again, but if I hadn't the experience of getting the gel taken off would have made my mind up for me. It took ages.

The dark red gel has now ben replaced with a glittery light copper varnish which is a lovely colour but because the girl wouldn't put the heat and blow-y thing on to dry them I managed to smudge the right forefinger on my way out of the salon and my right thumb when I was getting out of the car when we got back to the house. So I was a bit cross.
 
Also  really couldn't cope with doing that getting the gel thing off every 3 or 4 weeks, so although I loved having it on I'll be saving it in future for very special occasions.  Too time consuming, too expensive and really  just not me. I'm not someone who feels that the beauty salon is her natural milieu somehow.
 
Basically I should have got all this out of my system when I was a teenager or a student, but I was less frivolous then than I am now!

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried gels, but I understand they're a real faff to change. I used to wear a lot of nail varnish, but I got out of the habit - maybe I should take it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to wear nail varnish, but decided it was too much hassle . . . though I do wear it on my toes when I get to wear sandals in the summer . . . I guess I am hoping to distract the casual innocent from looking at the horror that is me and direct their gaze to my toes!

    ReplyDelete