Sunday 19 October 2014

Oh Look! It's the front

of the Dornoch Castle hotel!



Little did I know when I did my recent blog about it that we would be staying there within a very short time. It's all to do with Ph D supervisors changing times, and neighbours wanting cats looked after and getting through the flat hunting quicker than we thought. We ended up needing a one night stay somewhere  that we could get to at a reasonable time after leaving Glasgow at 1.00 pm and that we could leave after breakfast and get to the north coast in time for the lunchtime ferry. There are various small and charming towns on the A9 which fit this description but as the OH had never been to Dornoch and as I had told him that they had a really nice  kitchen shop there, it was Dornoch we opted for.
 
We had a lovely stay, including once again a beautiful evening meal and here for good measure is a picture of my dessert. This time I went for the chocolate mousse.
 

I think on balance I preferred the strawberries and cream from last time, but you know - tough choice! And at least this plate doesn't look like it has measles.

Sadly the kitchen shop didn't open the next morning before we had to head for the ferry, but maybe another time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment