Monday 4 February 2013

What I did in January

This more an aide memoire for myself than anything else. It's so easy to forget things you have done and then panic yourself wondering how it is you waste such acres of time.

So, I knitted a cowl/collar type thing which turned out rather nicer than anticipated.



I knitted a  hat, out of some wool that I didn't choose.



I made OH a pair of bright socks (he's really into bright colours)



I made half a pair of socks for myself. I'm hoping the other half will get done this month.



I did a baby jumper. It still needs buttons, and there is a hat to go with it still on the blocking board, so you might see this again at the end of Feb when it's completely finished



Then there was the 9 day sweater, which is very cosy and a lovely colour and as I got the wool in a clearance sale cheap to knit as well.

 



And I completed a cross stitch project although I have yet to get it to the framers. I abandoned this many years ago because my husband said he didn't like the sentiment that went in the centre. As per the original chart this was Home Sweet Country Home. I couldn't ever think of an alternative that I was happy with, which rather took away my motivation for getting the thing finished. However when I mentioned this to him a few weeks ago he had, naturally no recollection whatsoever of ever saying he didn't like Home Sweet Country Home, but as you will see I modified it anyway.

 
 

 
I am sorry that you have to look sideways on for some of these, but the computer is resisting all my efforts to rotate them. As it is quite late and I have to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning to shower before the Sky Engineer arrives to see what, if anything, he can do to reinstate our satellite TV I must get myself off to bed. Sky  e-mailed us to say he would be with us somewhere between 12.30 and 2.00 but he had already called to say he would be here at 9.00 ish, winds permitting. The Great Excitement tomorrow is not the engineer's visit but battling with the winds myself, going to see my friend Maggie who is taking on the massive task of teaching me to use a sewing machine. Of which more, I am sure, anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment