Sunday 24 February 2013

Oh OK, I won't hold my breath then

Regular  readers may recall this post. On Friday there was a letter from the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and I said to the OH 'Oh this will be my bone scan appointment'. Ha! Obviously I have far too much faith in the NHS, naïve young thing that I am.

The letter told me I had been referred for a  bone scan, which I already knew, and then said that the current waiting time for appointments was 24 weeks. It took me a while to translate that into six months. Six months for a basic out patient appointment!
 
Now to be fair I don't much feel like schlepping to Aberdeen just now, but there again there's no guarantee that I'll feel any more enthusiastic in six months time.
 
The penultimate paragraph begged me to believe that the length of wait was not anything they were complacent about and that they were doing their best to improve matters. So that's alright then.


No comments:

Post a Comment