Friday 1 February 2013

For those holding their breath....

no, postie has not yet delivered my official letter of registration, nor indeed my student ID card, complete with 4 year old digital photo, from Aberdeen. Rest assured that I will let you know when he does. The moment I have finished goggling at them in disbelief.

Nor did postie deliver a cheque from Petplan, which according to the vet was supposedly sent out on 18th January. I had already decided that if it didn't come today I would contact Petplan direct which I duly did. I was informed by 'Joe' that the cheque had been posted last week, which sounded a bit vague to me. Joe also pointed out, less than helpfully I felt, that cheques were sent second class and therefore 'take a bit of time'. I did not point out to Joe that even allowing for Petplan telling the vet that the claim had been dealt with on a Friday and maybe not issuing the cheque until after the weekend, that still means the cheque 'has been in the post' for eleven days. Which seems a long time to me, even for second class. I get letters from Australia quicker than that.
 
I would be less suspicious about this had I not had to ring Petplan the last time we made a claim before this one, to be told more or less the same thing; cheque has gone out, but sent second class, may take a while, blah, blah, blah. On that occasion the cheque turned up two days later which I found very suspicious indeed.

What  postie did deliver, to my surprise and joy, was the deposit cheque relating to a June booking for our holiday flat. This booking was made several weeks ago by telephone and I had heard nothing since, nor had I taken any contact details from the person concerned. [Which is a lesson learned, I can tell you!] Since the booking was for two weeks slap bang in the middle of the season I had been castigating myself for my stupidity for long enough so getting the cheque, complete with address, phone no and e-mail address was a huge relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment