Tuesday 20 November 2012

Yesterday was not a Good Day

I've been generally quite surprised by the way I've stayed cheerful over the past 4 weeks. I've never thought of myself as particularly positive in adversity, good with uncertainty or even patient, so if you'd asked me before this happened how I would cope I'd have said 'Badly'.

But in fact, apart from the odd day, it's been fine. I suppose it's helped that after our busy and noisy summer I was wanting some peace and rest and one way to make sure you get that is to be stuck at home with a broken bone.

Yesterday though I woke up and the first thought that came to me was 'I'm sick of this cast and I'm sick of havingto hobble round on crutches, I just want to be able to get out of bed and walk around the house without thinking about it'. And the negatvitiy stayed with me most of the day.

I did manage to shake it off towards evening and do some work on a piece of cross stitching, charting and sewing, which made me feel better. Pictures after Christmas! There are a few craft projects about destined for Christmas presents whose recipients drop in here and I don't want to spoil any surprises.

The other good thing about yesterday was that it was the last day I had to inject myself with a blood thinner. I won't be missing that little evening ritual - except in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment