Wednesday 28 November 2012

Out and About

Once they took off that heavy cast I was able to thnk about actually leaving the house and going somewhere other than hospital, so at the weekend I suggested to the OH that we might take a short trip to the nearby village of St Margaret's Hope. This was not in order to stroll aimlessly round the streets but to visit The Workshop, and admire its Christmas displays.We had been invited to the official 'launch' of this, because it's where OH sells his jewellery mainly, but on the night I couldn't face venturing out in the dark and the cold and the wet, so we didn't go. I had a good snuffle round on Saturday morning though, a nice chat to a couple of folk we know, and a very short walk in the fresh air and sunshine.
 
On Sunday I was able to get to Church for the first time in weeks. We worship at St Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall and it's on a slope, has steps up to the doors and you can't park particularly close to it. Hopping along to and then into it with my cast on hadn't been an option. It was good to be there again, and talk to people I hadn't seen for a while although I was rather surprised at how many asked if my broken ankle was the result of OH giving me a kick. My own joke of choice when I meet people who have had a fall is to say something along the lines of 'that will teach you to take more water with it', but the only person on Sunday who came close was the Minister(!) who asked if it was a 'drink related injury'.
 
It did me a lot of good to get out, cheered me up no end. Doubtless the blue skies, blue sea and sunshine helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment