Thursday 1 November 2012

Men - How Do Their Minds Work?

So today OH had to go to town to see the dentist. Since I am still hors de combat I suggested he might look in the toyshop for a birthday present for the grandson. Good Idea he said and he came home with something.

We will leave on one side the facts that

a) it bears no resemblance to what the child's parents said would be good
b) it bears a lot of resemblance to something we bought said grandson for Christmas
c) it is so heavy it will probably cost more to post than it did to buy

None of this really surprised me.

Once I had admired present ( I know, how do women's minds work, and more to the point, why do they work like that ) I asked if he had bought wrapping paper and a card.

'No' he said 'you never said anything about getting a card or paper'.

You may infer from this that all his presents are given to him in plastic bags and that he never gets a card on his birthday. But you'd be wrong twice over.

No comments:

Post a Comment